We are looking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced teachers for our growth in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in 2015 to teach our new First Steps (Young Learners) program.
ACET’s First Steps program focuses on building the foundation in English and Academic learning, setting young learners on the pathway to overseas study. Eventually, students will be able to perform successfully in an English speaking further education environment and participate confidently within a university community. Teachers use their EFL qualifications and skills to teach grammar and vocabulary and the four skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking - including pronunciation). However, the curriculum also links language and skills to the specific study needs of the students.
10 Years of Excellence in Vietnam
This year ACET is celebrating 10 years of operations in both Hanoi and HCMC. Over this time we have built an excellent reputation for helping students to achieve their study goals quickly and effectively, in a very supportive learning environment. Our students study intensively, five days a week. Thousands of ACET’s students are now successfully studying and living abroad in Australia, America, Britain, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore and many other countries.
Accredited by NEAS
Early in 2012, all of ACET’s schools received accreditation from NEAS International, Australia’s English Language Training quality assurance scheme. ACET staff and teachers are extremely proud of this confirmation of ACET as a high quality provider of English Language programs.
Living and Working in Vietnam
Vietnam offers a great work-life balance, giving you the opportunity to travel and experience a diverse and unique country, as well as save money. Teachers are highly respected in Vietnamese culture and you will find the students extremely motivated and hard working.
Both Hanoi and HCMC offer many daytime and night time activities to cover most interests. Beaches, mountains and historical sites are never far away, to say nothing of the food and shopping experiences.
Vietnam is modernising and now is a great time to see some of the old charm while you still have the chance.
We are looking to recruit suitably qualified and experienced teachers for our growth in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in 2015.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- University degree.
- Native English speaker (or IELTS Band 8 for non-native speaking teachers).
- CELTA or equivalent teaching qualification (minimum 6 hours observed lessons).
- Clean police check from your home country issued within the last 6 months.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Experience teaching young learners and adults with reputable organisations.
- Teaching experience in Asia.
- Be available in Vietnam for at least 1 year.
- Be able to meet Vietnamese regulations to obtain a work permit (you must bring your original degree and teaching certificates with you, as well as a police clearance certificate). Regulations vary for each nationality.
Compensation & benefits:
- Good rates of pay, ranging from $23.50 to $32.50 an hour (based on qualifications and experience).
- Professional environment of experienced and dedicated teachers.
- Excellent academic support and opportunities for professional development.
- Reliable and stable teaching schedules with minimal travel.
- First rate facilities and teaching resources.
- Local costs paid for work permit and visa.
- A great and diverse teaching staff with an excellent team environment.
- A chance to work for one of Vietnam’s most reputable language teaching organizations.
How to Apply:
Please attach the following details with your application:
- Covering letter.
- Full CV with referees.
- Your preferred start date and location.
- Scanned colour copy of passport page with information and photo (passports need to be valid more than 3 months).
- Scanned colour copy of teaching certificate(s) and university degree(s).
Only short-listed applicants will be notified.