POSITION: Academic Assistant
REPORTS TO: Senior Academic Officer
DEADLINE: 20th September 2016
CV SEND TO: email@example.com
- Students resources
- Oversee the resource requirements and maintenance of the ILC to assure that students are able to access resources quickly and efficiently.
- Oversee the auditing, cataloguing and maintenance of existing resources for the ILC. Make sure of no complaints of damage nor dirty materials
- Oversee the selection of new learning resources in liaison with SAO. Work closely with Academic members to develop learning resources.
- Oversee the maintenance and security of technical equipment resources. Effectively liaise with security guards and Admin Dept. regarding the security and maintenance of equipment and facilities in the ILC
- Maintain and update new materials in database of resources
- Well and accurately inform ILC procedures and policies to students
- Maintain security of all hardcopy and digital resources
- Enforce the policies and procedures of the ILC and ACET
- Student liaison
- Provide guidance to students in the use of the ILC resources and run an introduction program for each class for a new term with excellent customer-oriented attitude.
- Develop new processes to enhance students’ use in the ILC
- Monitor EFL Internet websites and provide students with updates of sites to visit.
- Arrange Library events and ensure students interact with all aspects of the library
- Assist Marketing Department to set up the library for seminars and lectures.
- Maintain a register of entering ILC, using equipment, borrowing books for students
- Maintain, update number of students using ILC in database and produce report
- Provide students with essential information and support.
- Understand and update about ACET’s products and services to assist COU as required.
- Take part in internal activities (IELTS Pretest, Fun Friday)
- Other tasks assigned by Senior Academic Officer
- Teacher support:
- Cooperate with the other Academic Assistants to support teachers in document preparation for classes (books, supplementary documents or additional components if needed during the course)
- Cooperate with the other staff to check teachers' attendance and timely inform in case of urgent cases.
- Support internal events for teachers (Workshop, teachers' meeting, etc) with logistics preparation.
- University degree
- At least 1 year working experience
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Intermediate level English ability, computing skills
- Administration skills
- 44 hours per week (working in shifts required)
- Willing to work over time during busy time
- Strong communication skills
- Creative and strong planning skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented
- Can-do attitude, be able to perform under pressure