POSITION: Teaching Assistant
REPORTS TO: Academic Resources Manager
START DATE: December 2016
PROBATION: 1 month
CV SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To support the teacher and complete teaching assistant in the class efficiently.
- To supervise and assist students in class and out of class.
- To provide customer service to students/parents.
- To complete administrative tasks.
1. Learning Support
- Agree classroom role with teachers before each term begins.
- Motivate student to participate in classroom activities and assist teachers in the supervision and monitoring of student’s work, marking students’ works, etc.
- Assist teachers with setting up the classroom and with wall displays of student’s work according to the lesson’s requirements.
- Assist teachers/parents if they want to speak to each other about a child’s progress or problem and ensure that all enquiries and messages conveyed by parents are always passed on to teachers as soon as possible.
- Make teachers aware of any relevant issues such as a student who has come to class unhappy, a student being teased by a classmate, etc.
- Only speak Vietnamese when allowed by teachers.
- Only leave classroom when being required to do other administrator’s tasks outside.
- Be in charge of students before, at break times and after classes.
- Be ready 30 minutes before class starts.
- Spend time before class with teachers to talk about the class lesson’s plan, activities.
- Ensure children do not enter restricted areas and go out of ACET area at break time.
- Stay 30 minutes after class to ensure that all students are picked up by their parents.
- Report any incidents occurring to the class teacher and Academic staff.
3. Student customer services
- Be available for training and meetings conducted by Academic Department.
- Inform and make report to teacher/Academic staff about parents’ feedback.
- Display a positive and professional attitude towards jobs.
4. Admin tasks
- Prepare and distribute course books, material to students in new class.
- Update information for the counselors and academic staff.
- Check students’ attendance and homework daily.
- Maintain student profiles.
- Maintain assessment records.
- Practice Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Follow ACET policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional customer service focus at all times.
- Upper - Intermediate level English and above.
- Communication skills.
- Administration skills.
- Free working time on Sat afternoon, Sun morning or Sun afternoon.
- Willing to support event out of ACET.
- Accomplish well all entrusted work.
- Punctual and responsive to oral communications.
- Follow instructions and be reliable in attendance and performance.
- Positive contribution to team work and team spirit.
- Have a chance to experience a professional and multinational environment.
- Have a chance to apply for ACET scholarship.
- Teaching hours: 40.000 VND/ hour
- Non-teaching hours (support other events or departments): 30.000 VND/ hour