CURRENTLY RECRUITING TEACHING ASSISTANT IN HOCHIMINH CITY, VIETNAM FOR IMMEDIATE START
ACET is the leader of Academic English and IELTS preparation in Vietnam, opened in 2002 in both Hanoi and HCMC. ACET’s mission is to provide Vietnamese students with the English language and study skills foundation that will ultimately lead to successful completion of degree-level study on English speaking university campuses.
ACET’s First Steps English Programme is a combination of English communication and basic Academic English in order to help secondary school students to comprehensively develop their English skills. First Steps is a very important initial step for studying at higher levels in international environments as well as preparation for international English tests.
POSITION: TEACHING ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: Academic Administration Manager
CV SEND TO: email@example.com
- To support the teacher and complete teaching assistant in the class efficiently.
- To supervise and assist students in class and out of class.
- To provide customer service to students/parents.
- To complete administrative tasks.
- Learning Support
- Agree classroom role with teachers before each term begins.
- Motivate student to participate in classroom activities and assist teachers in the supervision and monitoring of student’s work, marking students’ works, etc.
- Assist teachers with setting up the classroom and with wall displays of student’s work according to the lesson’s requirements.
- Assist teachers/parents if they want to speak to each other about a child’s progress or problem and ensure that all enquiries and messages conveyed by parents are always passed on to teachers as soon as possible.
- Make teachers aware of any relevant issues such as a student who has come to class unhappy, a student being teased by a classmate, etc.
- Only speak Vietnamese when allowed by teachers.
- Only leave classroom when being required to do other administrator’s tasks outside.
- Be in charge of students before, at break times and after classes.
- Be ready 30 minutes before class starts.
- Spend time before class with teachers to talk about the class lesson’s plan, activities.
- Ensure children do not enter restricted areas and go out of ACET area at break time.
- Stay 30 minutes after class to ensure that all students are picked up by their parents.
- Report any incidents occurring to the class teacher and Academic staff.
- Student customer services
- Be available for training and meetings conducted by Academic Department.
- Inform and make report to teacher/Academic staff about parents’ feedback.
- Display a positive and professional attitude towards jobs.
- Admin tasks
- Prepare and distribute course books, material to students in new class.
- Update information for the counselors and academic staff.
- Check students’ attendance and homework daily.
- Maintain student profiles.
- Maintain assessment records.
- Practice Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Follow ACET policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional customer service focus at all times.
- Upper – Intermediate level English and above.
- Communication skills.
- Administration skills.
- Free working time on weekday or weekend monrings and afternoons.
- Willing to support event out of ACET.
- Accomplish well all entrusted work.
- Punctual and responsive to oral communications.
- Follow instructions and be reliable in attendance and performance.
- Positive contribution to team work and team spirit.
- Have a chance to experience a professional and multinational environment.
- Have a chance to apply for ACET scholarship.
Interested candidates please send the Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject [ACET] Teaching Assistant_Your Full Name.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.