Question 1 - 10
In this section you must choose the word which best fits each space in the texts.
For questions 1 to 10, choose the correct answer from the drop down menu.
The Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House is a very beautiful and important building in Australia. It is one of the
famous places in the country and millions of people
the opera house each year. Since it opened in 1973, it
many prizes for its design. It is amazing to
its bright white walls above the blue water of Sydney Harbour. Many people think it shows how clever and creative Australians can be.
Then and now
The construction of the Sydney Opera House was not quick. Building started
2 March 1959 and it
many years to finish. Engineers spent over 4 years
the roof, but it was
finally complete in 1973.
many Australians were upset by the cost and delays of the project, they were extremely happy about the final design.Today the Sydney Opera House
thousands of shows every year. It is a cultural centre where people
enjoy concerts, plays, ballet and of course, the opera. Even people who do not enjoy the performing arts, love to come and admire its unique design.
Question 11 - 25
In this section you must choose the word or phrase which best completes each sentence.
For questions 11 to 25, choose the correct answer from the drop down menu.
11. To get to the hospital, go straight on
the end of the street and then turn right.
12. My father intends
a new car this year.
13. I’m not sure, but it
14. Mary looks up
her sister because her sister is so kind.
15. Sometimes it is difficult for children to
their shoes, so their parents need to help them before they go out.
16. Let’s consider
swimming for the next social event.
17. In Vietnam, you can read
news about the national football team.
18. The new laws should help families save money so that all citizens have
19. We must be careful to reduce pollution, or it will
our environment dramatically.
20. You should never
a lie to your mother.
21. Exhibits in the museum have items which date
more than 500 years.
22. I don’t think Lucy was treated fairly. It seems like she really got a
23. You can listen to the radio, but please turn it
so I can study.
24. The weather will probably be fine tomorrow, but even
it rains, we can still have a picnic.
25. Jim is always ranting and
about things which bother him.