ACET Hanoi is hiring suitably qualified and enthusiastic teachers for our Schools Link partnership programme for July and late August start dates. This is a Monday-to-Friday high school daytime teaching position consisting of between 15-18 contact teaching hours per week (and around 18-24 hours per week for July and August).
About ACET’s Schools Link Programme
ACET has 20 years of experience in Vietnam in delivering Academic English and IELTS preparation courses. We are audited and endorsed by NEAS International, the Australian English Language Training quality assurance scheme, and are proud of this confirmation of ACET as a high quality provider of English language programs. Thousands of ACET students are now successfully studying and living abroad in Australia, America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore and many other countries.
For our Schools Link programme, we currently partner with a top public high school in Cau Giay District to provide Academic English and IELTS preparation classes. The students (maximum 26 per class) are highly intelligent and motivated; many are at Intermediate level or higher, and are preparing
- Plan and deliver Academic English and IELTS preparation lessons to classes of maximum 26 high school students, following the requirements of the programme
- Create and maintain a positive, empathetic, and culturally sensitive learning environment that motivates students to participate actively and continue their studies outside of the classroom
- Keep attendance registers, pacing guides / records of work, and all assessments and reports up to date
- Report at-risk students promptly via the At-Risk Student Procedure, and provide support for at-risk students via assigning extra work or conducting tutorial sessions
- Represent ACET at our partnership school’s English extracurricular activities when required (at least one weekend day per semester)
- Be available for at least one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) per semester for school-related events or teacher training
– University degree
– Cambridge CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, or equivalent high quality teaching qualification (minimum 120 hours, containing 6 hours observed teaching practice – online-only certificates are not accepted)
– At least 1 year prior teaching experience
– Enthusiasm, adaptability, ability to relate to high school students
– Experience teaching public schools, high school students
– Experience teaching Academic English and/or IELTS preparation courses with reputable organisations
– DELTA, DipTESOL, or MA TESOL
– Experience teaching in Asia
Salary and Benefits
– Competitive rates of pay, ranging from VND 540.000 to VND 725.000 an hour (based on qualifications and experience)
– Additional payment for tutorial sessions, induction, IELTS marking standardization training, and school event participation
– Excellent academic support and opportunities for professional development
– A great and dedicated teaching staff with a professional team environment
– A chance to work for one of Vietnam’s most reputable language teaching organisations
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please attach the following details with your application:
– Cover letter
– Full CV with referees
– Your available start date
– Scanned colour copy of passport page with information and photo
– Scanned colour copy of teaching certificate(s) and university degree(s)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about these positions and ACET, please visit our website at www.acet.edu.vn.